Monday 25 August 2008

I'm A (Very) Dedicated Employee

I got stomach aches today and my visits to toilet is nothing less than 5 times and counting. This means, I got to drink lots of water and also isotonic drinks!!! (Proven effective to me). Just to tell you one story here, as an employee who is on the J.O.B. (Just Obey Boss) and working for his boss for survival, I have to answer calls from my big boss(es) regardless where I am and what I am doing. Well, most of us do that and some don't. Nevertheless, while in one of my visit to my favourite dung toilet room answering nature's call, I got a call from my boss. It goes something like this....

Boss's Secretary : Hello Joseph, boss wants to speak to you.
Me : Hello, err...Ok.
Boss : HELLO!!
Me : Hello
Boss : HELLO!! HELLO!!
Me : Hello, sir.
Boss : I want you to instruct the HSE to start preparing their HSE Programme for the project.
Me : Mmmmh...(meaning a "Yes" in our culture. You can imagine, what others think if I say "Yes, Yes, Yes," etc in the toilet. But I use "Mmmmh" for other means as well especially when you are answering nature's call, sort of killing two bird with one stone).
Boss : I want you to prepare the Organization Chart also, so that we can discuss in tomorrow's meeting.
Me : Mmmmh
Boss : HELLO!!
Me : I'm listening, sir
Boss : Got it?
Me : Mmmmh!!
Boss : You know all these are part of the milestone payments and we need to get them completed ASAP.
Me : Mmmmhhh!!!
Boss : Okay, I'm currently evaluating the Cabin Offices and you please get these things organize for tomorrow's meeting.
Me : MMMMMMMHHH!!!

We finished our converstion and I finished my "business" there. It's multi-tasking in a way. Ahemm, you know, I'm not disgusting but I'm just a (very) dedicated or stupid employee.

4 comments:

Zashnain said...

Oi old friend, don't worry mah.

i will help you.

and in case you get those nasty stomach aches again, i'll let u drink prune juice.

CheungYF said...

Thanks bro. I had my overdosed energy water drinking yesterday and feeling all well today.

Zashnain said...

Happy holidays.

However I won't wish you Happy Merdeka Day.

Don't think the spirit of Merdeka is strong amongst the rakyat nowadays.

Ramai yang lemah semangat, mcm gua.

CheungYF said...

Happy belated holidays to you too. Selamat lemah semangat also.

Merdeka? Let me check my digital dictionaries....

You should be enjoying your new audio-visual stuff at home lar.