Thursday 5 June 2008

A new beginning and petrol hike!!

Today 5th June 2008 marked the beginning of my journey to blogging. Before joining the fray, I was blog-hopping to my favourite bloggers to read their stories, grumblings, jokes, sadness, etc. I was wondering someday that I should go blogging as well. Here I am.

Today also marked the beginning of higher petrol price!!! Ha!! Isn’t it the right time to blog about? A 40% increase from RM1.92/litre to RM2.70/litre. So what can I do about it ? Honestly, there’s a little I can do as I need to travel to work daily and weekend side seeing/window shopping (hehe..). Just imagine having to wake up early in the morning at 5:30am, do my morning routines, start travelling from my place in Kepong, where I’m staying now, to Pulau Indah, Klang. That’s about 62km trip. So, I travel about 124km minimum daily. In that faithful evening, I was rushing to fill my petrol just after hearing the announcement from the radio. Lucky for me and the others, the Petrol Kiosk did not close shop to take advantage of the petrol hike!! So, I managed to “save” some money. In the old days, I used to fill RM60 of petrol for 31.25 litres but starting from today onwards, I need to fork out around RM85, an increase of RM25. I spent about RM420 a month for my petrol and with the new price, I will spend RM595. There goes some of my “entertainment” fund. Sigh!!!

My faithful and (so far) reliable Korean made car Hyundai Accent 1.5GLS (I’m not a car dealer btw) was able to give an average mileage of 440km for a RM60 petrol and that’s about RM13.64 per 100KM. Great huh?! Especially for an automatic transmission car!! I have to thank the portable device I always used when I fill-in my petrol. But sadly, it is now about RM19.32 per 100KM. Right....Ahem (and taking a deep breath), I’m wondering when will be the next increment as according to the Government announcement, the new price RM2.70 is still at a 30-sen per litre discount from the market price. The Star’s paper quoted today that the price will be adjusted on monthly basis based on global oil price. Well, it could be UP.. UP.. UP.. UP and UP or Down.. Down.. Down.. Down.. and Down. Let’s us hope and pray for the later.

0 comments: