Wednesday 9 July 2008

Mega Structure Loadout Video - The Unofficial Secrets & Guides

Wow….it has been two weeks since my last blog entries. Well, I was terribly busy with my J.O.B. (Just Obey Boss) and there’s nothing I can REALLY do because it’s my only Golden Goose that I can rely on at the moment. Work aside, I was asked by my friends about the video that I posted on the Mega-Structure Load Out. To be frank with you all gentle readers, I took the video all by myself by standing and walking around in blistering hot sunny weather at the place I work, just to get the best possible angles and positions. As a part-time amateur and may be not so qualified “videographer”, it was really a delight to be able to post the “Product” over the internet for others who did not witness the event and get positive responses at the same time. To share you how I did it, the simplify “facts and figures” below tell you the way.

Video Capturing - Video Camera : Sony HDR SR7 ; Video Taking Duration : 2 hours (From 12:10 Hours to 13:46 Hours) ; Format : DVD Quality 720 x 576, mpg format, 3000kps bitrates, 25 fps ; Total Clips : 89 clips for cumulative of 11 minutes video ; Captured Capacity : 804MB

Video Editing - Video Editing Software : Windows Movie Maker v6 (WMM6) ; Output Format : HD720p 1280 x 720, mpg format, 6000kps bitrates, 25fps ; Total Clips : 66 clips for cumulative of 5 minutes video, balance of 23 scenes deleted ; Output Capacity : 213MB ; Video Watermark : Watermark Master v2.0.7 ; Logo Creation : MS Excel and Paint.Net ; Background Music : “Space Road” by Casiopea from the album “Eyes of the Mind” ; Hardware : Dell XPS M1530, T9300, 3GB Memory, 250 HD, GT8600 Video Card, Vista Ultimate

Youtube - Video Compression Tools : Windows Movie Maker v.6 (WMM6) ; Output Format : QVGA 320 x 240, mpg format, 1512kps bitrates, 25fps ; Output Capacity : 53.5MB ; Hardware : Dell XPS M1530, T9300, 3GB Memory, 250 HD, GT8600 Video Card, Vista Ultimate

To watch the video again, please click this link.

There you go. I think most of you are surprised to see that I’m using WMM6 for video editing, MS Excel & Paint.Net for Logo creation? MS Excel for Logo creation especially? Crazy but not impossible. You need to play around with the available features in the software and you’ll be surprised to find out what you can do to get the desire result. Btw, I faced a huge problem with WMM6 limitation in handling multiple clips. It can’t compile more than 10 clips at a time. Meaning to say, I need to compile several smaller clips into one of bigger clip. At the end of the day, the total number is only 9 big clips instead of 66 smaller clips to ensure WMM6 working properly and it doesn’t hang! You don’t have to believe what I mentioned here because I’m a man. You just have to try yourself to believe it. Next assignment is the other Mega-Structure Loadout Video Clip. This time will be the MDA’s Topside Loadout, with more that 260++ clips altogether with 2.5GB video captured capacity. Unfortunately, I got a lot of things coming to me at the moment and wondering when I can complete the whole thing. Please give me some time on this one. One thing for sure, it's going to be headache….headache….headache….and headache for me.

In case my gentle reader has something to share, you know where you can drop a comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,

Not bad for a beginner! Keep it up and don't worry about datelines, just do it for fun and as a hobby.


From me;
Sue.

CheungYF said...

Haa...thanks Sue for the generous compliment. I'm not really worry about the deadline and in fact there's non actually. Yup, I'm doing it for fun at the moment. No doubt about it.

But...I wondering which "Sue" I'm referring to...I got a family member and lots of friends with the same name. You are.....??